Weight Loss and Muscle Building Supplements

WEIGHT LOSS AND MUSCLE BUILDING SUPPLEMENTS

No doubt you’ve come across many bold claims for all sorts of supplements, with assurances that they’re backed by research. Despite the hype, there are only a very small number of supplements out there that are worth using. And of those that are, the benefits are relatively modest. It's rare that a supplement will over deliver on its claims.

Here, in no particular order, is a list of supplements that I think you will find useful, depending on your goals and individual circumstances.

Best Protein Powders

Casein Protein Powder

Casein Protein is a protein powder supplement that comes from cows milk. It turns out that cow's milk is 80% casein and 20% whey protein. However, casein protein forms a gel when it comes in contact with stomach acid causing it to be digested more slowly. This results in a steady long-term release of amino acids into your bloodstream which can aid in weight loss. (Source).

There are two main reasons that you should use casein protein powder:

First, it is a great choice if you are trying to lose weight without a reduction in lean body mass. If you increase your protein while reducing carbs and saturated fat, you will lose weight and maintain lean muscle mass. One study shows that people who consumed casein protein lost twice the fat and had a larger gain in lean mass than people who consumed whey protein. (Source).

Second, casein protein powder is an excellent choice if you are using intermittent fasting to lose weight and gain muscle. I have found that consuming casein protein powder at the end of my fasting period, helps me to be able to consume the calories that I need without additional carbohydrates.

Ascent Native Fuel Micellar Casein Protein Powder is our top Casein Protein Powder recommendation. We picked it for the two reasons - price and quality. While it is not the least expensive casein protein powder, it is a clean and simple casein protein powder that doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients, additives or fillers. If you are looking to save some money, Bulksupplements Pure Casein Protein Powder is also an excellent casein protein powder.

Click here to see our review of the best Protein Powders For Weight Loss

Whey Protein Powder

There is nothing particularly “exotic” about Whey Protein Powder - it’s just milk with the casein, carbohydrate and fat taken out. Around 20 percent of milk protein is whey, with the remaining 80 percent coming from casein.

But it is a convenient source of high-quality protein, and most studies show that whey works better at boosting both protein synthesis and muscle growth than other supplemental protein sources, such as casein or soy. I personally use Ascent Native Fuel Whey Protein Powder.












To defray the costs associated with hosting these links, we may earn a small commission for the sale of these products. Your purchase also helps supports our work in providing you information about health and wellness. The need for supplementation varies with each individual. Consult with a licensed healthcare practitioner before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, or starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health condition that requires medical attention. Live Your Life On Purpose is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.