5 Warning Signs That Your Life Is Out Of Control – And What To Do About It
Your Life Might Be Out Of Control If…
You are constantly overbooked…
Your workspace is out of control…
You can’t remember the last time that you spent time with your friends and family…
Your temper is flaring up more often…
You have a hard time sleeping…
If you experience one or more of these 5 warning signs, your life might be seriously out of balance.
[box] Having control of your life is one of the keys to creating the life of your dreams. Click here to get my free checklist to help you implement all 10 of my keys to creating the life of your dreams. [/box]
A Life Without Balance
Being out of balance often leads to stress and anxiety which can manifest itself in many ways. If you are finding that people getting on your nerves more than usual, you might be struggling with work-life balance.
I find that when my life is out of balance, my sleep is not restful, or I stay up too late trying to unwind. If you are finding sleep hard to come by, or just not finding enough hours in a day to sleep well, you are may need to check your life balance.
The Balance Solution
We all struggle with balance at some point in our lives. Trying to manage all the areas of our life – career, finances, relationships, health, is extremely difficult. That’s why it’s imperative to have a plan that you can follow so that you can balance all the areas of your life effectively and make continuous progress towards your life goals.
There are dozens of great resources out there that teach you how to create a plan for your life, and I highly recommend that you develop one.
These steps will help you to develop a basic life plan:
1. Determine Your Key Areas Of Focus – List the six areas of your life that are most important to you. Some examples include your health, relationships, finances, career, and spiritual life.
2. Determine Your Vision – Ask yourself, “In a perfect world what would each of these areas look like?” Be as specific as possible and write out your vision for each area.
3. Determine Your Goals – Write at least one goal for each of these areas based on the vision you created in the first step. Think about what it will take to achieve your vision for each of these areas and write it down.
4. Determine Next Steps – List the next step that you need to take to make each one of your goals a reality. You don’t need to know each step, just one specific next step for each goal. Once you complete a step towards a goal, write down the next specific step for that goal.
5. Measure Your Progress – Check your plan once a week and make sure that you are making progress toward each goal. Make sure that you have completed one step toward each goal and that you always know what your next steps are.
Congratulations, you now have a plan for your life. Do you know that 97% of people don’t have a plan. They have no idea where their life is headed or what they want to accomplish with their lives.
Do you want to have more motivation, be more productive, and be more fulfilled? If so, create a plan for your life and take at least one step each week toward making your plan a reality.
Question: What have you accomplished as a result of having a plan for your life? Comment below[box] Are you new to Live Your Life On Purpose? Welcome, and thanks for visiting! If you liked this post, consider signing-up to receive our future posts directly in your inbox. We look forward to keeping in touch! If you have questions about this post, want to learn more about it, or you want to know how you can implement this in your own life, you are welcome to contact me here.[/box] [box] [author] [author_image timthumb=’off’]http://liveyourlifeonpurpose.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Headshot.jpeg[/author_image] [author_info] Steve is the founder of Live Your Life On Purpose, where his goal is to help men become better husbands and fathers. A former management consultant and executive coach, Steve is also a Christ-follower, husband, dad, and entrepreneur who loves his family, friends, and helping others achieve all that they were created to be. [/author_info] [/author][/box]